Let’s get started
A well rounded belly dance curriculum includes:
- Strength training for the core muscles, arms, shoulders, and legs
- Aerobic and endurance exercise components
- Focus on proper posture and safe alignment of the body
- Historical and cultural background for the music, dance styles, and movements
- And most importantly: fun!
What to expect
Participants will enjoy a class focused learning the movements, rather than a complex choreography in a follow-the-leader format. Don’t worry if you’ve never taken dance before, each movement will be thoroughly explained, and no previous dance experience is necessary.
What to wear
Class attire is casual. Comfortable work out clothes, like yoga pants and tank tops. Hip sashes and coin belts are optional. For tender feet ballet slippers or jazz shoes are great.